Thursday 4 December 2014

Of running from and towards

What do you do to forget about this persistent spot of bother (TTC)?

For me, I love to run. Literally. I run not only to distract myself from overthinking it (TTC) but also to keep fit.

I have been running since 2011. I run in 5km, 7km, 10km, 21km events and in October this year, I completed my first full marathon (42km). Running keeps me focused in life and motivates me to achieve more every time.

Recently, even DH took up running as a hobby after seeing my collection of finisher medals. Last Sunday, we scored another finisher medal each for completing the Putrajaya Urban City Run in the 15km men's/women's open events. 

DH managed to clock in at 1:55:07, while I took 1:58:16 to complete the distance. The route was pretty challenging especially the descending staircase up to the Convention Centre.

As an avid runner, it is normal for me to be posting my running progress and achievements online (FB, twitter, instagram, you name it) just so I can share the joy of running with people who matter (friends and family). But, for some reasons this seems to be taken out of its original context by a certain "concerned" quarters. Every now and then I would get a "sound" advice from these "concerned" quarters about how "concerned" they are with my running hobby - that I shouldn't be running so much because my womb my shift from its original place. Yes, absurd as this may sound but within the Malay culture, myths or in other words, nonsense such as this thrives! I have also been hearing these people speculating about running being the reason why I still haven't conceived after three years. 

These people are the same people who choose to be ignorant about the male factor infertility, mind you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment